Moog DFAM® Semi-modular Analog Percussion Synthesizer
This item ships FREE:
DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother®) is the first addition to the Mother ecosystem of synthesizers and presents an expressive hands-on approach to percussive pattern creation. It requires no patching, and absolutely no experience is needed for human-beings of any age to quickly begin synthesizing new and unique rhythmic compositions.
Activated by an easy-to-use analog sequencer, DFAM’s emotive sound begins with a white noise generator and two wide-range analog oscillators - effortlessly transitioning between rhythmic pulsations, resounding bass and resonant bells in an instant. DFAM’s distinctive voice is then shaped by a classic Moog Ladder filter with two selectable modes: Low Pass mode imparts impact and dimension to each sound it touches, while High Pass mode opens the door to naturally expressive strikes, spikes and clangorous accentuations.
DFAM behaves much like a living organism, reacting in different ways to different individuals. 3 dedicated analog envelopes work dynamically with the sequencer to ensure that tribal toms breathe, industrial impacts evolve, and sonic chaos can be created or subdued at the turn of a knob.
Each DFAM ships with a package of Moog patch cables that unlock access to the 24-point modular patchbay. Use it to create new sounds or bizarre behaviors, synchronize an unlimited number of DFAM and Mother-32 units together, or fully integrate your analog instrument into a modular Eurorack production environment.
Through exploration and experimentation, the vast potential of this expressive analog instrument is realized.
- 100% analog drum/percussion synth with dynamic 8-step sequencer
- Semi-modular format — no patching required
- 24 patch points for extensive sound design potential
- 2 oscillators plus a noise generator for creating deep kicks, snappy snares, crisp hi-hats and much more
- Step sequencer features dedicated pitch and velocity controls for real-time manipulation
- Selectable LP/HP filter for sound sculpting
- External audio input for processing other synths or Eurorack modules
- Eurorack compatible — can be mounted in a Eurorack case (requires 10-pin to 16-pin Eurorack cable, not included)
- Perfect match for a Mother-32 synth module, fits in 2-tier and 3-tier Mother-32 racks
- Made in USA
- SOUND ENGINE: Analog
- ANALOG SEQUENCER: 8-Steps With Pitch and Velocity Per-Step
- SEQUENCER PANEL CONTROLS: Tempo, Run/Stop, Trigger, Advance
- SOUND SOURCES: 2 Oscillators With Square and Triangle Waveforms, 1 White Noise Generator, 1 External Audio Input
- FREQUENCY CONTROL: +/- 5 Octaves (10 Octave Range)
- MIXER: Level controls for Oscillator 1, Oscillator 2 and White Noise/External Audio Input
- FILTER: 20Hz-20KHz Switchable Low Pass / High Pass 4-Pole Transistor Ladder Filter
- ENVELOPES: VCO EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Bipolar Amount Control, VCF EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Bipolar Amount Control, VCA EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Selectable Fast/Slow Attack Time
- PATCHBAY: 24x 3.5mm Jacks
- PATCHBAY INPUTS: Trigger, VCA CV, Velocity, VCA Decay, External Audio, VCF Decay, Noise Level, VCO Decay, VCF Mod, VCO 1 CV, 1→2 FM Amount, VCO 2 CV, Tempo, Run/Stop, Advance/Clock.
- PATCHBAY OUTPUTS: VCA, VCA EG, VCF EG, VCO EG, VCO 1, VCO 2, Trigger, Velocity, Pitch.
- AUDIO OUTPUT: ¼” TS Line / ¼” TRS Headphones (Shared Output Jack)
- INCLUDED POWER SUPPLY: 100-240VAC; 50-60Hz, +12VDC 1200mA
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 3.0W
- EURORACK CURRENT DRAW: 230mA (+12V – from 10-pin header)
- EURORACK MOUNTING DIMENSIONS: 60HP (1”/26mm Module Depth)
- WEIGHT: 3.5lbs
- DIMENSIONS: 12.57”W x 4.21“H (with knobs) x 5.24“D .