DW USA Ltd Edition Jim Keltner 6.5"x14" Icon Snare Drum
This item has been sold out and no longer available. This page is kept here for reference only.
The Jim Keltner ICON Snare Drum:
DW are pleased to release a limited edition Jim Keltner ICON snare drum. Only 250 will ever be made and each is numbered and signed by DW’s own John Good.
“Everyone at Drum Workshop is honored to present this very special ICON snare drum to in honor of our good friend and drumming legend, Jim Keltner,” said Good. “His contributions to the drum community and music industry at large are well documented.” Jim’s passion for the art form and stylistic integrity are have been captured with this Icon ICON snare drum which is crafted from 11 plies of North American Hard Rock Maple and features VLT (Vertical Low Timbre) grain orientation.
Finished with intricate laser-cut, exotic and dyed-wood inlays inspired by Jim’s vintage Collector’s Series kit, his signature aviator sunglasses and “Oooeeee” custom license plate, it’s a collectable and a highly-playable instrument. The 6.5”x14” drum is outfitted with Jim’s favorite mini turret lugs in weathered-looking Antique Brass and comes standard with matching True-Hoops™ and MAG throw-off system, True-Pitch Tuning™, and True-Tone™ snare wires.
- A tribute to one of rock music's greatest session drummers
- One of only 250 ever made
- Blends Keltner visuals and DW's artisan craftsmanship
- 11-ply VLT North American hard rock maple shell
- Antique Bronze hardware
- Laser-cut inlaid exotic woods
- Jim's choice of Mini Turret lugs
- 3.0mm True-Hoops pull warm backbeats out of the crisp maple shell
- MAG (magnetic) throw-off mechanism eliminates strainer buzz
- True-Tone snare wires deliver focused, defined sticking
- Finely threaded True-Pitch tension rods offer tuning precision
- Include: DW heavy-duty Snare Bag
- Size: 6.5" x 14"
- Shell: 11-ply North American Hard Rock Maple
- Hoops: True-Hoops
- Color: Multi-colored with Sunglasses and License Plate graphics
- Finish: Gloss