DW Moon Mic™
A Moon Mic™ is an acoustic drum resonating head (skin) Microphone! The Moon Mic™ will revolutionize the way you think about Mic-ing an acoustic drum. The Moon Mic™ microphone has a very large diaphragm that encompasses a large range of vibrations directly from the resonating head (skin).
Positioning the microphone from the center of the drum (LOWS) to the rim (HIGHS) gives you control. Punch, sustain, and decay can be controlled by the distance between skin and microphone.
The Moon Mic™ is designed for bass kick drums or bass instruments with high SPL (sound pressure levels). The Moon Mic™ specializes in low frequencies.
The Moon Mic™ DK27 microphone comes with a DW mounting stand, allowing the stability, durability, and versatility you've come to expect from DW.
No need for an Attenuator (Pad). Moon Mic's™ low impedance, 250 ohms delivers a smooth signal.
The Moon Mic™ will receive a custom range of frequencies coming from the kick drum without heavy EQ, compression, or any other signal processing. +48V Phantom power not required to operate.
- Patented, curved housing and specially-selected diaphragm that delivers warm, accurate bass response
- The revolutionary design captures the hard to retrieve resonant frequencies of any bass drum to create a complete tonal spectrum
- Patented Radius Housing
- 2 Color options : Smooth Mirrored Chrome or Durable Textured Black Powdercoat. (all stands are chrome).
- Included DW Stand and Mounting Bracket
- Perfect for Studio and Live Applications
- Excellent for Bass Drums, Floor Toms, and Bass Cabinets
With an 8-inch diaphragm, Dynamic moving coil and a custom passive filter, the DK-27 microphone has an excellent signal to noise ratio. The Moon Mic™ absorbs resonating true frequencies directly off the front head. The large diaphragm recovers sub low frequencies with amazing tone clarity and "Attack". The "Attack" and punch can be controlled by the size of the port hole sampling.
Sustain can be controlled by:
A) Placement of mic closer to the rim
B) Distance, volume, and EQ relationship
D) Basic setup of the drum itself and muffling the head
The dome cap has a sleek look, but also has a number of functions;
2. The microphone's curved relective surface, which houses the diaphragm is designed to diffuse undesirable sound waves (noise) by sending the sound waves in different directions. This apparatus supports the Cardioid Polar Pattern. (see Figure #1)
3. Corrosive Resistant
4. Five vent holes in the cap accommodates the air movement from the diaphragm.
5. The Moon Mic's™ interior back wall has a spherical shape. A spherical shape has only one dimension and thus having a very strong resonant frequency capability. The 8" diaphargm is placed at the mouth of the cavity, this works very well together. A spherical cabinet is capable of delivering an almost perfect frequency response.
- Frequency Response 20 to 15000Hz
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open ciruit voltage) -71dBV
- Low Impedance 250 ohms
- XLR Output Jack
- Dynamic 8" Diaphragm
- Customized Filter for Low-Frequency applications
- High SPL (Sound Pressure Level)
- Microphone Weight 3.5 lbs = 1.587 kg (not including stand)