Guild Starfire Bass II Semi-Hollow Electric Bass Guitar - Natural
This item ships FREE:
The Guild Newark St. Collection marks the return of classic Guild electric guitars and basses from the 1950s and ’60s—once again putting the distinctive Guild styling and voice that helped shape popular music into the hands of today’s musicians. The Newark St. Collection celebrates some of Guild’s most iconic models, including the hard-rocking solid-body S-100 Polara, the semi-hollow and hollow Starfire guitars and basses, and elegant archtop jazz guitars like the A-150 Savoy and X-175 Manhattan. Features include Guild’s famed Vibrato Tailpiece, stoptail pieces, pinned bridges, authentically voiced vintage-style pickups, and classic hardware designs. With a wide selection of models, Guild has always been the first choice for musicians in need of an instrument that’s made to be played.
Get that classic '60s bass sound with the Guild Starfire II semi-hollowbody bass guitar. This bass gives you fat, warm tones not typically found in solidbody basses.
The Starfire Bass II is a dual-pickup semi-hollow bass guitar that adds sonic options to one of Guild’s most iconic models, the Starfire Bass. The Starfire Bass II originally debuted in 1967, shortly after the single-pickup version, and quickly garnered a following that included Jack Casady (Jefferson Airplane) and Phil Lesh (Grateful Dead). The addition of the BiSonic BS-1 neck pickup on the Starfire Bass II gives bassists a warmer, smooth sound for added tonal flexibility. This double cutaway bass guitar features an arched laminate mahogany top and back, and mahogany sides, dual Guild BS-1 pickups, individual volume, tone, and master volume knobs, and a pickup selector switch. A clear, high gloss finish highlights this bass guitar’s natural beauty. The Starfire Bass II brings Guild’s vintage vibe to the modern bass player. Available in Natural.
Take a closer look at the Starfire Bass II (click to enlarge):
- Thinline semi-hollowbody based on the '60s Guild Starfire
- Dual BiSonic pickups serve up rich, vintage-style tone
- Short-scale neck for harmonics-rich tone
- Exceptional tone and looks from laminated mahogany back, sides, and top
- 3-piece mahogany/maple/mahogany neck for long-term playability
- Grover Sta-Tite tuners give you excellent tuning stability
- Hardshell case included
- Made in Korea
- Body Shape:Doublecut
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Material:Laminated Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material:3-piece Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Vintage Soft "U"
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearloid dots
- Number of Frets:21
- Scale Length:30.75"
- Nut Width:1.5"
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Guild Adjustable Bass Bridge with Rosewood Saddles
- Tuners:Grover Vintage 142 Series
- Neck Pickup:Guild BS-1 BiSonic Bass
- Bridge Pickup:Guild BS-1 BiSonic Bass
- Controls:2 x pickup volumes, 1 x master volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings:D'Addario EXL165 Nickel Wound Bass, Custom Light, (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case Included:Hardshell