Ludwig Ultimate 14" x 12" Marching Snare Drum
"The Most Famous Name On Drums" returns to the field with the introduction of Ludwig Ultimate Marching Percussion.
The Ludwig Ultimate snare drum takes the existing Free-Floater model to a whole new level. Designed to meet today's marching demands, the Ultimate snare drum allows the player to achieve clean and crisp articulations with minimal weight. The secret is in the lightweight aluminum hardware that secures the heads, allowing the thick 8-ply Maple shell to be completely suspended for exceptional projection and resonance.
The Difference Is Inside:
Ludwig ULTIMATE uses the only finest quality woods - that’s Select North American Maple. Maple shells offer a high level of sensitivity, a dynamic tuning range, and a sharp attack. Making them the perfect fit for the marching arts.
Ludwig assembles the thick 7.2mm, 8-ply Maple shell in a cross laminated fashion using their exclusive Radio Frequency Shell Technology. This process utilizes Ludwig's original bladder molds and a specialized adhesive, allowing the shell to cure evenly across the entire surface. Laminate finishes are applied during this stage as well. Resulting in a more durable drum with better resonance.
The reinforcement ring is a major factor in shell durability. Ludwig utilizes their exclusive shell making process to manufacture durable Maple rings. The result is a 4.5mm, 1.5” wide reinforcement ring that’s guaranteed to stand the test of time.
The final ingredient in a Ludwig shell is the bearing edge. Ludwig's 45-degree inner cut with a 1/8" round over gives you the ULTIMATE in projection and tone. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface. Ensuring an unmistakable Ludwig sound.
Sizes: 14" x 12" (diameter x depth)
Color Options: Black Cortex, White Cortex, Brushed Silver
Optional Hardware and Case:
- MAY Posto ABS Snare Carrier (RMABSS)
- MAY Aluminium Tubular Snare Carrier (RMATS)
- AIRlift Stadium Hardware Stand for Snare Drum
- Marching Snare Drum Case
- Made in the USA
- 100% Maple Free-Floating Shell- For a high level of sensitivity and response.
- Shell - 8-ply, 100% North American Maple. Maple shells offer a high level of sensitivity, a dynamic tuning range, and a sharp attack. Making them the perfect fit for the marching arts.
- Hardware - Lightweight polished aluminum hardware gives the drum a finished look while offering maximum strength and durability. Steel mounting brackets feature key rod fasteners, which greatly reduce the chance of stripping out the adjustment.
- Weight - 8-ply shell and lightweight aluminum frame combine for a total weight of only 15.6 lbs!
- Bearing Edge - Each snare side bearing edge is a 45-degree inner cut with a 1/8" radius round over. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface for easy head seating; the final touch to complete the unmistakable Ludwig Sound.
- Reinforcement Ring - A 5-ply, 1.5" wide maple reinforcement ring ads superior support and shape integrity to the shell.
- Snare Gut- 16 individually adjustable and removable snare guts allow for a customized sound.
- Snare Guard - Stabilizing steel snare guards protect the snare unit while supplying safe and balanced support.