"The Most Famous Name On Drums" returns to the field with the introduction of Ludwig Ultimate Marching Percussion.
Setting the standard for power and resonance, Ludwig's Ultimate Series bass drums are specifically crafted for today's marching activity. Constructed with durable 10-ply maple hoops, oversized reinforced claws, and 6mm tension rods, these drums are forged to hold up even in the toughest of conditions.
The Difference Is Inside:
Ludwig ULTIMATE uses the only finest quality woods - that’s Select North American Maple. Maple shells offer a high level of sensitivity, a dynamic tuning range, and a sharp attack. Making them the perfect fit for the marching arts.
Ludwig assembles the thick 5.4mm, 6-ply Maple Shell in a cross laminated fashion using their exclusive Radio Frequency Shell Technology. This process utilizes Ludwig's original bladder molds and a specialized adhesive, allowing the shell to cure evenly across the entire surface. Laminate finishes are applied during this stage as well. Resulting in a more durable drum with better resonance.
The final ingredient in a Ludwig shell is the bearing edge. Ludwig's 45-degree inner cut with a 1/8" round over gives you the ULTIMATE in projection and tone. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface. Ensuring an unmistakable Ludwig sound.
- 14x16" Marching Bass Drum
- 14x18" Marching Bass Drum
- 14x20" Marching Bass Drum
- 14x22" Marching Bass Drum
- 14x24" Marching Bass Drum
- 14x26" Marching Bass Drum
- 14x28" Marching Bass Drum
- 16x30" Marching Bass Drum
- 16x32" Marching Bass Drum
Color Options: Black Cortex, White Cortex, Brushed Silver
Optional Hardware and Case:
- MAY Posto ABS Bass Carrier (RMABSB)
- MAY Aluminium Tubular Bass Carrier (RMATBQ)
- AIRlift Stadium Hardware Stand for Bass Drum
- Marching Bass Drum Case
- Made in the USA
- Shell - 6-ply, 100% North American Maple. Maple shells offer a high level of sensitivity, a dynamic tuning range, and a sharp attack. Making them the perfect fit for the marching arts.
- Bearing Edge - Each bass bearing edge is a 45-degree inner cut with a 1/8" radius round over. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface for easy head seating; the final touch to complete the unmistakable Ludwig Sound.
- Air Vents - 6 sonically located air vents are present on every drum.
- Hardware - The redesigned aluminum casing includes a smaller profile and a 60% reduction in weight. All while maintaining the signature Ludwig look.