Ludwig Ultimate Marching Tenor Drums
"The Most Famous Name On Drums" returns to the field with the introduction of Ludwig Ultimate Marching Percussion.
The tenor voice of a drumline is notorious for getting lost in the mix. Ludwig combats this by using deep, 5.4mm thick North American Maple shells and a 45° bearing edge that will cut though any ensemble. Every set of Ludwig tenors ship PRE-ASSEMBLED and feature Randall May Free-Floating Lug Bridges (FFLB). The FFLB utilizes the existing lug casings to assemble the drums together. This means no additional drilling is required on the shell which provides better drum resonance and eliminates shell to shell point load compression. The lightweight FFLB aligns the drums to the preferred sweet spots and promotes proper playing technique for all drum configurations.
The Difference Is Inside:
Ludwig ULTIMATE uses the only finest quality woods - that’s Select North American Maple. Maple shells offer a high level of sensitivity, a dynamic tuning range, and a sharp attack. Making them the perfect fit for the marching arts.
Ludwig assembles the thick 5.4mm, 6-ply Maple Shell in a cross laminated fashion using their exclusive Radio Frequency Shell Technology. This process utilizes Ludwig's original bladder molds and a specialized adhesive, allowing the shell to cure evenly across the entire surface. Laminate finishes are applied during this stage as well. Resulting in a more durable drum with better resonance.
The reinforcement ring is a major factor in shell durability. Ludwig utilizes their exclusive shell making process to manufacture durable Maple rings. The result is a 4.5mm, 1.5” wide reinforcement ring that’s guaranteed to stand the test of time.
The final ingredient in a Ludwig shell is the bearing edge. Ludwig's 45-degree inner cut with a 1/8" round over gives you the ULTIMATE in projection and tone. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface. Ensuring an unmistakable Ludwig sound.
Tenor Set Configurations:
- Quad 8"/10"/12"/13"
- Quad 10"/12"/13"/14"
- Quint 6"/8"/10"/12"/13"
- Quint 6"/10"/12"/13"/14"
- Sextet 6"/6"/10"/12"/13"/14"
- Sextet 6"/8"/10"/12"/13"/14"
- Sextet 6"/8"/10"/12"/13"/14"
Individual Drum Sizes:
- 6 x 6" Flat Cut
- 7 x 8" Flat Cut
- 9 x 8" Angle Cut
- 10 x 10" Angle Cut
- 11.5 x 12" Angle Cut
- 12.5 x 13" Angle Cut
- 13 x 14" Angle Cut
Color Options: Black Cortex, White Cortex, Brushed Silver
Optional Hardware and Case:
- MAY Posto ABS Multi-Tom Carrier (RMABSQ)
- MAY Aluminium Tubular Multi-Tom Carrier (RMATQ)
- AIRlift Stadium Hardware Stand for Multi-Toms
- Small Multi-Tom Case
- Large Multi-Tom Case
- Made in the USA
- Shell - 6-ply, 100% North American Maple. Maple shells offer a high level of sensitivity, a dynamic tuning range, and a sharp attack. Making them the perfect fit for the marching arts.
- Bearing Edge - Each tenor bearing edge is a 45-degree inner cut with a 1/8" radius round over. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface for easy head seating; the final touch to complete the unmistakable Ludwig Sound.
- Reinforcement Ring - A 5-ply, 1.5" wide maple reinforcement ring ads superior support and shape integrity to the shell.
- Hardware - The redesigned aluminum casing includes a smaller profile and a 60% reduction in weight. All while maintaining the signature Ludwig look. 2.3mm steel hoops and 6mm steel key rods offer the best in durability and flash.
- Radio Frequency Shell Technology - To increase stability throughout the drum, all Ludwig Ultimate shells are produced using Ludwig's exclusive Radio Frequency Shell Technology. Utilizing Ludwig's original bladder molds and a specialized adhesive, the RFST process allows the shell to cure evenly across the entire surface. This is a principal ingredient in creating the Ludwig Sound.
- Free Floating Lug Bridge - The Randall May International FFLB connects the drums together via the lug casings. This eliminates extra shell drilling and provides outstanding drum stability. The high performance polymer adds significantly less weight than traditional metal connections. The FFLB allows the player to maintain the same playing technique regardless of drum configuration.