Moog Sub Phatty Analog Synthesizer
This product is sold out
This item ships FREE:
Introducing the Sub Phatty analog synthesizer. The soul and hands-on, real-time sound design functionality of vintage Moog instruments with a completely new — and stunningly aggressive — sound design machine. Fitted with 25 full-size synth action keys, 16 presets with panel mode, and a 31 knob front panel, Moog’s classic control design plugs you straight into the analog heart of this powerful new instrument.
Moog Music is incredibly honored that Sub Phatty has been nominated for the 29th annual TEC Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement - Musical Instrument-Technology/Hardware.
Moog Music’s engineers have crafted the Sub Phatty’s oscillators to perform with extreme accuracy and require almost no warm-up time. Just power up, dial in your settings, and put your fingers to work on the keys to summon crisp and detailed waveforms, a vibrant and articulate sound that more than honors the rich sonic density synonymous with Moog creations.
The Sub Phatty is the first analog synth to feature Moog’s transformative new Multidrive section; at low settings Multidrive adds warmth and girth, but when pushed, it delivers a screaming snarl that is highly reactive to resonance, waveshape, and oscillator level. Experiment with this new circuit and unlock an undiscovered world of vivid analog tonalities.
The mixer section offers innovations of its own, including a sub oscillator that outputs a square wave one octave below Oscillator 1. Use this powerful tool as a third oscillator for added depth, or to craft your own customized incarnation of monstrous Moog bass. Also in the mixer section is a noise generator voiced to deliver low-frequency content, rich with body and punch. If your goal is to sculpt analog percussion and sound effects, look no further.
The Sub Phatty features a wide range of parameters just below the surface, and all features are easily accessible from the instrument’s front panel, or via the free standalone/plugin editor. Select filter poles, assign wave mod destinations, or specify pitch bend amounts — it’s all there.
The Sub Phatty brings a fearless new voice to the Moog family of synthesizers. With its streamlined interface and dynamic sound design flexibility, this new synth fuses an unparalleled connection between human & machine, opening the door to unprecedented sonic exploration.
- An authentic Moog at a ridiculously affordable price!
- 25 semi-weighted keys; 100% analog signal path
- 31 knobs and 13 switches give you direct, immediate control
- 2 ultra-stable variable-waveshape oscillators
- Square-wave Sub Oscillator in mixer section
- Onboard noise generator
- Legendary Moog Ladder Filter
- Onboard LFO (.1Hz to100Hz)
- Multidrive delivers a wide range of classic and modern sound
- Classic 1-knob-per-function design
- 2-octave-up/-down transposition
- External audio input
- Filter CV; Pitch CV; Volume CV; keyboard gate connections
- MIDI DIN In/Out; MIDI over USB
- Editor/librarian software included.
- Made in USA
- Sound Engine: Analog
- Number of Keys: 25
- Type of Keys: Semi-Weighted
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: Monophonic
- Sound Sources: 2 Variable Waveshape Oscillators, 1 Square Wave Sub Oscillator, 1 Noise Generator
- Oscillator Calibration Range: 22Hz-6.8KHz.Guaranteed note range at 8’ of Note 18 to 116
- Mod Sources: Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp, SH, Filter Envelope
- Mod Destinations: Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch Only, Filter, Waveshape
- Filter: Moog Ladder Filter 20Hz-20Khz
- Audio Input: 1xTS
- Audio Output: 1xTS, 1xTRS Headphone
- Presets: 4 Banks, 4 Patches Per Bank
- MIDI I/O: DIN In, Out, and MIDI over USB
- CV/Gate Inputs: Filter CV, Pitch CV, Volume CV, KB Gate
- Transposition: +/- 2 Octaves
- LFO: 0.1Hz-100Hz
- Power Supply: 110V AC-240V AC (Internal)
- Dimension: 6.75"H x 20.25"W x 14.75"D
- Weight: 16 lbs.