This item ships FREE:
The Moog Theremini makes the unique Theremin instrument more accessible than ever before!
The Moog Music story begins in 1954, when a young Bob Moog began building theremins, one of the oldest electronic instruments, and the only one known that you play without touching, in his basement with his father. For the uninitiated, the theremin is a single oscillator instrument that uses two metal rod antennas to control pitch and amplitude. The left antenna (a horizontal hoop) reduces the amplitude as the left hand is moved closer to it, while the right antenna (a vertical pole) increases the pitch as the right hand is moved towards it. For the last 57 years, the company Bob Moog founded has sold more theremins to more professionals than anyone in history. When it comes to quality, dependability, and tone, no one can touch the Etherwave Theremin.
Assistive pitch quantization allows each player to adjust the instrument's level of playing difficulty. At the maximum position, the Theremini will play every note in a selected scale perfectly, making it impossible to play a wrong note. As this control is decreased, more expressive control of pitch and vibrato becomes possible. When set to minimum, the Theremini will perform as a traditional Theremin - the analog heterodyning oscillator controls pitch and there is absolutely no assistance.
A built-in tuner supplies real-time visual feedback of each note as it is played, as well as its proximity to perfection. This is useful for correcting a user's playing position, and educating younger players about pitch and scales.
The presets section allows you to select from 32 wave or wavetable-based patches, store a selected scale & root note, set and recall a specified playing range, and specify per-patch settings for the included stereo delay.
Recessed in the top of the Theremini is a compact speaker perfect for private rehearsal and quick setup anywhere. Silent rehearsal is also possible via the front panel headphone jack. Simply plug in ear-buds or headphones and the built-in speaker becomes silent.
For live performance and gestural control, the rear panel features two line level audio outputs, a pitch CV output with selectable range, and a mini USB jack for MIDI I/O and connectivity.Features:
- Pitch correction w/ selectable scales and root note
- Built in tuner allows you to learn pitch and scales
- 32 Wavetable based presets
- Built in speaker
- Headphone output
- Two 1/4" audio outputs
- Single Pitch CV output w/ selectable range
- User selectable scale and root note (stored per preset)
- User selectable range: highest note and lowest note (stored per preset)
- Adjustable Stereo Ping-Pong Delay
- Removable pitch antenna - built in storage compartment on bottom-side
- Built in 3/8” Mic stand and Camera stand adaptor
- High quality rubberized feet
- Made in USA
- Outputs:2 x 1/4" (out), 1 x 1/8" (headphones), 1 x 1/4" (CV)
- Controls:Pitch Bias, Delay Amount, Presets
- USB: MiniB USB2.0 for USB MIDI - Note data in not yet supported
- KENSINGTON LOCK SLOT
- POWER SWITCH: Push ON / Push OFF
- POWER JACK: 12VDC/1.2A from 100–240VAC external supply(included)
- DIMENSIONS: 22.75”L x 6.5”D x 15”H w/antenna (4”H without)
- WEIGHT: 3lbs