NS Design NXT5a Omni Bass - Satin Sunburst
This product is sold out
This item ships FREE:
Designed for bass guitarists interested in adding the character and expressiveness of an acoustic upright bass.
Produced in the Czech Republic, this NXT5a 5-String Active Series OMNI BASS, with the familiar 34 inch bass guitar scale, is designed for the bass guitarist interested in adding the character and expressiveness of an acoustic upright bass, or the NS electric upright, to their performance palette.
The 34" scale length of the Omni Bass is the same as standard electric bass, and is available in 4 and 5 string versions. Tuned in fourths (EADGC or BEADG), the fingering positions and spacing are identical to the bass guitar, and therefore immediately familiar to any bass player. The Omni Bass can also be tuned in fifths.
The fingerboard also features the TransRadius™ profile. For a left-hand feel which is familiar to the experienced bass guitarist, the radius at the nut is 9-1/4 inches. At the end of the fingerboard near the bridge, however, the radius is just 2 inches, large enough to maintain good string-to-string articulation with the bow, yet still comfortable for pizzicato (plucked/picked) style. The asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto. NS Electric Omni Bass Strings and standard bass guitar strings fit the Omni Bass, adding unlimited set up options for musicians who want to explore and create their own unique sound.
The Boomerang™ Strap System is standard with the NXTa Omni Bass. Two articulated arms and a pivoting hub allow full mobility on stage or in studio. The comfortable Boomerang strap fits over the shoulder just like a guitar, but the adjustable arms allow the instrument to be placed in virtually any position in relation to the hands and body. The Boomerang Strap System allows full mobility for either bowing or plucking.
- The Polar™ Bridge Pickup System combines great sound with directional sensitivity, for a rich and expressive response to Arco and Pizzicato technique. The Omni Bass responds to the bow with a natural and expressive voice, combining powerful bass resonance with brilliant harmonics. The strings are easily driven, making it possible for bassists with little bowing experience to add this beautiful dimension to their music.
- Dual Mode Output - The new dual mode signal output electronics of the NXTa take the convenience, versatility and performance capability of the NXT to another level.
- Active Mode - Using the supplied charger, the NXTa connects into any AC outlet for 60 seconds, powering the capacitor-powered active circuit for up to 16 hours of performance time. The instrument can then be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device, no direct box necessary. Since there is no signal loss over the full frequency spectrum of the instrument, the fundamentals of every note remain clear and strong, even with extra-long cables.
- Passive Mode - The NXTa can be played in this mode when using a direct box or an amplifier with high impedance input. (This mode provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.)
- Eco-Friendly Operation - NXTa instruments are battery-free, eliminating the hassle and cost of batteries while helping protect our environment.
- LENGTH: 113 cm (44")
- WIDTH: 15 cm (5.7")
- THICKNESS: 10 cm (4")
- WEIGHT: 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 86 cm (34")
- STRING TUNINGS: 4 string E,A,D,G; 5 string B,E,A,D,G or E,A,D,G,C. The Omni Bass can also be tuned in fifths, for fingerings that are more natural for the cellist seeking enhanced bass range: C,G,D,A (low to high in 5ths) for 4 string, or C,G,D,A,E for 5 string.
- STRINGS: NS Omni Bass strings by D'Addario™. The Omni Bass also accommodates most long scale bass guitar strings.
- BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Satin Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body.
- FINGERBOARD: Hand-graduated, asymmetric. Intonation referenced with cascading dot markers & side dots. The 34" scale length of the Omni Bass is the same as standard electric bass.
- TransRadius PROFILE: The fingerboard radius at the nut is 9-1/4 inches. At the end of the fingerboard near the bridge, the radius is 2 inches.
- TRUSS ROD: Single Action, accessible at nut.
- TUNING HARDWARE: Fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish.
- BRIDGE PICKUP: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Rotary volume control, with push-pull selection between Active and Passive output mode; Tone control (treble roll off); Arco/Pizzicato toggle switch.
- BOOMERANG STRAP and GIG BAG included.