This item ships FREE:
This double row version of the Tre35 features 69 individually hand-tied bars with TreeWorks' unique design that allows each row to be played separately.
A long sweep to both rows delivers a full, dramatic sound, while playing a single row provides a more modest flourish. For live performance where your sound requires greater strength and resonance; Classic Chimes utilize our T-6 tempered, custom aluminum/ titanium alloy bars. (.375" diameter)
This instrument is incredibly simple to play and produce lush, beautiful waves of tone with a sweep of your hand. Use your finger to drag along the face of the chime bars just below the hole where the strings are mounted and let one chime gently drop into the next.
The metal chime bars are made of TreeWorks' exclusive Aluminum/Titanium alloy, comprised of 11 different metals melted together. They are heat treated for 8 hours to create a crystal clear tone, then the bars are polished to a brilliant finish. The unique chromatic-like tuning has been described as ethereal and shimmering. It blends beautifully in all musical settings. The wooden mantle is crafted from solid Tennessee hardwood. The deep color is brought out with a hand-rubbed oil finish that is high-end, yet understated. Each chime bar is hand-tied to the mantle one at a time with super-durable braided CordLoc, which is capable of holding up to fifty pounds.
As you have probably noticed by this point, TreeWorks is serious about the quality of the instruments that they build. This level of craftsmanship has attracted musicians from all walks of life. For example, the top 24 DCI Drum Corps use TreeWorks Chimes, as do professional drummers and percussionists, Broadway shows, churches, universities, recording studios, high school marching and concert bands, elementary school music teachers, music therapists, yoga studios and even sound healers.
- A STRONGER PRESENCE AND PROJECTION | As a variation on Treeworks' popular TRE35, this 69-bar double row chime offers up a fuller sonic structure. This chime is perfect for larger venues where your sound requires a greater strength and resonance and is used by the top 24 Drum Corps International World Class competitors.
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA | Each TreeWorks Chimes bar chime is made from Tennessee hardwood and locally sourced aluminum/titanium and is assembled in our workshop just north of Nashville, TN.
- HAND-CRAFTED FOR SUPERIOR DURABILITY | Long-lasting braided CordLoc is used to suspend out 3/8" thick Aluminum/Titanium alloy bars on a hand-finished Tennessee hardwood mantle. Each chime features a 7/16" hole in the mantle for mount on cymbal stands or our unrivaled TRE52 chime mount. Unlike other brands, Treeworks always source materials locally and reject the use of plastic ties to secure the bars to its mantles.
BEST FOR | Larger venues (when a denser sound is needed). Great for live performances where your sound requires greater strength and resonance.
- Large Double-row Classic Chime - 69 bar double row for maximum chime sound
- 69 Polished, tempered T6 tone bars for brilliant sound
- Hand-tied with braided, durable CordLoc cord (no plastic cord)
- Solid aluminum / titanium alloy
- Diameter: 3/8 inch (about 9.5 mm)
- Hand-finished Tennessee Black Walnut Mantle
- Mantle length: 23-1/8"
- Used by all Top 12 DCI Drum Corps.
- Incl. Softcase LG24
- Handmade in Nashville, Tennessee, USA
** Optional Tre52 Chime Mount available **